Information you must read and understand before booking a course at MAC
Courses at MAC may look a little different when we reopen. The safety of our visitors and staff is our main priority, therefore we have certain precautions in place to minimise the risk of the spread of COVID-19.
All customers must read through the following guidelines carefully before booking onto a course to ensure that you agree to and understand the new measures in place at MAC:
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes early for your course,and leave promptly following the session unless you have a booking at our café. Students must go directly to the studio/room of their class upon arrival. Please do not gather outside studio doors or surrounding corridors. This is to allow suitable time for our enhanced cleaning regime.
- Students must wear a mask upon arrival at MAC. When you are seated at your workstation/positioned in your class, masks may be removed, however please ensure to wear a face covering when moving around the room or leaving the session.
- There will be social distancing in place for all courses. Many of our courses will have reduced capacity or take place in a larger room to allow for social distancing to be adhered to. Furniture and equipment will be positioned to account for social distancing and therefore must not be moved.
- Some of our room layouts have changed, and one-way systems are in operation in some studios. Please take notice of and adhere to any signage in place.
- MAC can provide basic equipment to participants attending most courses if needed, although attendees are encouraged to bring their own where possible to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Please note that due to current quarantine measures in place at MAC a limited amount of equipment will be available for each course, so please bring your own if you are able to - this will help us to ensure that all learners have access to what they need.
- Additional hand-washing and sanitising stations will be in place throughout the building. Please ensure that you wash or sanitise your hands before entering and upon leaving the class, and before the use of any shared equipment. Equipment that is shared within classes should be wiped down before and after use.
- Students should dispose of any waste or rubbish upon leaving the class, and take all personal belongings home with them following the session. Please note it will not be possible to store work at MAC.
- It is crucial that all students follow the guidelines in place and listen to the direction of the artist tutor at all times. Students will receive a health and safety induction from the course tutor on the first session to cover any course specific guidelines.