TODO WIRE UP
About Introduction to Outdoor Mosaics
Welcome to the world of mosaics! Mosaic making is a wonderful hobby especially as it is an art form that you can use to decorate your garden/outdoor spaces. It can be quite daunting starting a new hobby but this course will show you just how easy it is.
What will you learn?
This one-day course will teach you the fundamental principles of mosaic making, providing you with the confidence to create your own at home.
This course will cover how to:
- Create a design in preparation for making a mosaic
- Use tile cutters to cut glass and ceramic tiles safely
- Understand the different adhesives required for an indoor and outdoor mosaic
- How to apply the correct adhesives
- How to grout your finished mosaics
- Understand what bases you can use for indoor/outdoor mosaics
- Where to source your materials
The mosaic projects you can choose to work on will include:
- Terracotta pot, 19cm high
- Outdoor piece of art or a door number on cement board, 15cm x 20cm
- Bird Bath, 20cm
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for adults 16+ years. This is a practical mosaic course aimed at beginners, but all levels are welcome.
This course may be accessible for people with disabilities. The room is wheelchair accessible. A support worker or carer may assist, carers must book a complimentary ticket if attending to provide support. Please contact us to discuss your specific accessibility needs.
Do you need to bring anything?
You don’t need to bring anything as all materials are provided, you may choose to bring images of mosaic pots for inspiration but I will have mosaic pots and images printed out for you to look at.
You can bring a terracotta pot of your own choosing if there’s a particular shape that you like (make sure it’s not too big as it would be nice for you to complete it on one day). Your mosaics need 24 hours to dry so your tutor will grout your mosaics and have them ready for you within 7 days. You will be notified by the reception team as soon as they are ready for collection. Alternatively you will be supplied with the grout and a link to a video on how to grout your mosaics at home.
Who teaches this course?