TODO WIRE UP
About Learn to Tango (Summer)
Discover the authentic social style of Argentine Tango. Learn the basics through the eight steps that make this dance so unique.
What will you learn on this course?
This fun course will introduce you to several aspects of the art of Argentine Tango. You will learn the 8 movements that characterise the dance, including the Salida 8 Step, Ochos, and the figure of eight movement. You will also learn how to improvise and change routines depending on floor space, music, and other variables so that you can dance anywhere!
Argentine Tango is a social dance which can be intimate, fun, romantic, and also help with your fitness, balance, coordination and memory.
This tango course syllabus will cover:
- An introduction to 3 styles within a tango dance – Tango, Tango Waltz, and Milonga
- Embrace – How to hold and connect with your partner and develop good posture
- Walking – How to walk in tango and energy, style and precision
- Timing – How to dance in time with the music of Tango, Tango Waltz, and Milonga
- Tango Etiquette – Learn the secrets of surviving a social tango night! How to be open and welcoming, how to ask for a dance, and how not to be nervous and be confident on the dance floor
- Improvisation – The most important skill in social Tango dance. Chop and change routines based on floor space, changes in music tempo, and other variables
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for adults aged 18+ years. It is suitable for all levels; no prior dance experience is needed.
This course may be accessible for people with disabilities who can participate in physical activities. The room is wheelchair accessible. A support worker or carer may assist; carers must book a complimentary ticket if attending to provide support. Please contact us to discuss your specific accessibility needs.
Do you need to bring anything?
Participants should wear clothes that fit well and are comfortable. Smooth soled shoes with a small heel are ideal, trainers are not appropriate for these classes.
Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional costs.
Who teaches this course?