JOIN TRAILBLAZING ORGANISATIONS CHANGING THE SHAPE OF THE MUSIC SECTOR.
Midlands Arts Centre and Bristol Music Trust are proud to announce that Fast Forward Festival 2019 will take place at MAC on Thursday 24 October 2019.
Fast Forward is an influential national disability and arts festival that celebrates inclusion and challenges expectations around disability and the music industry. This year’s one-day festival will showcase the best examples of inclusive arts from across the UK.
This is your moment to
- Interact with an exciting line up of music industry professionals, leaders in education and pioneering artists.
- Be at the forefront of the movement to stimulate, steer and secure equality across the music sector
HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE DAY INCLUDE:
- Jess Thom - British theatre-maker and comedian best known for the critically-acclaimed Touretteshero
Industry case studies
- Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra share the learning from its ground-breaking BSO Change Makers programme to make the Orchestra more accessible and inclusive.
- Drake Music the leading national organisation in music, disability and technology reflect on their experiences of representation and inclusion in the industry.
- The National Open Youth Orchestra discuss how the hopes and ambitions of disabled young musicians can be supported
- Kris Halpin (chair)
- Jess Thom
- Dr Claire Mera-Nelson
- Liz Birch (IRIDIS)
- Brendan Hoar
- Sarah Fisher
- The National FLOW Collective - future leaders of an inclusive music industry
- SWITCH - the energetic young house band supported through MAC's award-winning musical inclusion initiative
- BSO Resound - the first disabled-led ensemble to ever perform at the BBC Proms
- Sarah Fisher with her funny, inspiring show, Twitch
Guests may arrive at the Festival from 9.30am, with events beginning at 10am until 5.30pm. The Festival performances will run from 6.45pm - 9.30pm.
Attendees may select their ticket option of:
- Day + evening sessions
- Day only session
- Evening only session
YOU CAN SEE FULL DETAILS OF THE SCHEDULE IN THE DOWNLOADABLE ATTACHMENT BELOW.
Find out more about Jess Thom in her video for The Guardian which has had more than 850,000 views.
“If you are a venue, an orchestra, a music education hub, or anyone working in the music industry, and are interested in exploring how inclusion is driving the creative and cultural development of some of the UK's leading arts organisations - Fast Forward Festival is unmissable.”
Siggy Patchitt, Head of the National Centre for Inclusive Excellence, Bristol Music Trust
“MAC is proud to be hosting and co-producing Fast Forward Festival 2019 with Bristol Music Trust. This as an important moment for inclusive practice, offering a vital platform to advocate for positive change across the music industry. It's a key date for anyone working within the music sector, with genuinely great opportunities to hear from outstanding contributors from across the country.”
Holly Radford, Producer, MAC Makes Music