Learn the art of creating beautiful mosaics in this practical course.
What will you learn on this course?
This course will teach you the fundamental principles and introduce you to the world of mosaics, providing you with skills, knowledge and confidence to create your own mosaics at home. This is also an introductory course that will prepare you to continue learning other mosaic techniques as part of our new programme of mosaic courses.
We will teach you how to:
- Create a drawing or design in preparation for making a mosaic
- Utilise tile cutters to cut and shape ceramic (or glass if applicable) tiles for mosaic
- Understand and apply the direct method for mosaic making
- Apply movement or flow to your mosaic, known as mosaic ‘andamento’
- Fix your mosaic tiles onto a wooden board using the correct adhesive
- Complete your work with grout, clean and polish it to take home with you.
Think about a design idea and bring your printed images with you and/or any drawings to the first class. Alternatively design templates will be also available.
The mosaic projects you will work on will be within the following dimensions 21cmx29cm or 30cmx30cm dependent on the design.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for adults aged 18+ years. This is a practical mosaic course aimed at complete beginners but all levels are welcome.
Learners will be introduced to this subject whilst improver level and advanced students will be guided in their projects.
The course is accessible for people with disabilities who have the relevant mosaic or ceramics experience and a support worker or carer may assist if required. Carers must book a complimentary ticket if attending a course to provide support. The room is wheelchair accessible. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
Do you need to bring anything?
Bring any images and design ideas with you.
Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional costs. The course price includes all materials and equipment.
Who teaches this course?