Fri 18 Nov | 10am - 5pm | Tickets £15 (£12) Students £8 | Cinema
Lessons in Physics streamed live via This is Tomorrow from 10am (below)
Following on from the 2013 conference Lessons in Geography, this is the second in a series of “lessons”. Concerned with the way matter and movement can inform ideas and understanding, Lessons in Physics looks at how material and the physical act is utilised by artists as a vehicle for expression.
- Camilla Brown - Curator, writer and lecturer
- Johnny Golding - Research Professor in Philosophy and Fine Art at Birmingham City University
- Mary Griffiths - Artist and Senior Curator in Modern and Contemporary Art at The Whitworth, Manchester
- Jitish Kallat - Artist and Curator of the Kochi-Muziris Biennale 2014, India
- Peter Kennard - Artist and Senior Lecturer in Photography, Art and the Public Domain at the Royal College of Arts, London
- Gemma Marmalade - Artist and Academic
- Edwin Zwakman - Artist and Academic
- Carl Robinson - Head of Fine Art at The University of Derby
Lessons in Physics is co-produced by mac birmingham and The University of Derby.
is broadcast online by thisistomorrow.info, an online art
magazine that aims to become an expansive archive of art, providing those
restricted by place or time with the chance to visit some of the most
innovative and culturally significant exhibitions and events around the world.
See the schedule for the event below.
Image: Jitish Kallat, Wind study (the hour of the day of the month of the season) 2015, Galerie Daniel Templon, Paris / Bruxelles.
This is an associated event for Peter Kennard: Off Message