Kaleidoscope and the British Film Institute search every year for lost TV programmes, and this all day event embraces the finds of 2020.
Special guests Tony Virgo, Lloyd Peters and Jocelyn Stevenson will be celebrating the lost years of 1980s ITV company TVS, and a recently found episode of Fraggle Rock will be amongst other rare finds screened.
Other programmes featured include The Kathy Kirby Show, How, Sexton Blake and Jim’s Inn and Midlands classic Crossroads.
Please note - Our new café KILN is now open from 9am - 5pm. We encourage you to pre-book your table online before your visit as it may be busy on the day of this event. KILN remains open from 5pm for bar service only.
MAC's Express Grab & Go counter is open daily from 11am, and QR codes for online ordering are available on our Outdoor Terrace, Bar and Foyer areas.
- 10am TVS test transmission
- 10.10am Going to Work
- 10.30am This is Your Life - Noele Gordon
- 11am Crossroads - 1981 episode
- 11.20am Goodies sequences - the episodes not on the Network DVD
- 11.45am The Making of Please Sir
- 12pm Jim's Inn
- 12.20pm Sexton Blake – the cut bits
- 12.30pm Lunch Break (1 hour)
- 1.30pm Panel - Tony Virgo, Lloyd Peters
- 2pm Travellers by Night introduced by Tony Virgo
- 2.30pm The Boy Who Won the Pools introduced by Lloyd Peters
- 3pm Afternoon Break
- 3.15pm The Kathy Kirby Show
- 4.15pm Fraggle Rock long promo and episode A Tune for Two
- 4.50pm Work – Environment
- 5.20pm Second batch of Belgium clips from missing episodes
- 5.35pm ITN film - behind the scenes 1965
- 5.45pm How
- 6.05pm Company
- 6.10pm 16.7.1976 LWT closedown with Capital Radio added bonus
Kaleidoscope is a Birmingham based organisation specialising in locating previously missing television footage and coordinates ITV’s Raiders of the Lost Archives campaign.
MAC’s reopening cinema programme has been generously supported by BFI FAN Covid-19 Resilience fund from the National Lottery, through the BFI Film Audience Fund.
Duration includes trailers and adverts. Please note that we do not admit latecomers after the main feature has started and we have a limited food & drink policy. See more information about Relaxed Screenings here. /// Fancy a meal or drinks when visiting us for an event or a trip to the park? Our KILN Cafe serves breakfast, lunch, light bites and a light evening menu, see information here. /// Please read our current Visitor Guidelines before booking your event.