Try this course: Dru Yoga is deeply relaxing, yet rejuvenating. Made up of sequences ranging from soft and flowing to more dynamic and containing classic yoga postures, it's a style of yoga that integrates movement, breath-work, an appreciation of subtle energy and directed intention to integrate our body, mind and spirit.
Following the session, if you choose to join the Dru Yoga term course, the price of your taster session will be deducted from the term ticket price (see links to the term courses below). Please ring our Sales and Information Team on 0121 446 3232 for your discount to be processed.
What you will learn on this course
Dru Yoga is deeply relaxing, yet rejuvenating. Made up of sequences ranging from soft and flowing to more dynamic and containing classic yoga postures, it's a style of yoga that integrates movement, breath-work, an appreciation of subtle energy and directed intention to integrate our body, mind and spirit.
It works well for improving fitness, strength and flexibility and can bring a positive change to our thinking. It also re-balances and uplifts our emotions!
Dru Yoga classes are renowned for their empowering atmosphere. Students are supported to practice postures and perform sequences in a safe and supportive way respecting their own body and the alignment points described during the class. Classes aim to give students a warm inner certainty that they’re in charge of their life and health!
Key elements that make up a Dru Yoga class:
- A class starts with activations that help students to let go, release tension and warm the body up
- Flowing sequences to increase flexibility and the flow of energy through our body; sequences range from gentle to more dynamic
- Asana/ posture work introducing students to ‘classic’ yoga postures and deepening practice for more experienced students; students are advised of contraindications and modifications to practice safely and to experience the positive benefits of yoga
- A guided relaxation at the end of each class
- Students may be invited to make short ‘journal’ notes at the end of each class to support their progression towards the benefits they’re hoping to gain from attending.
Who is this course for?
This course is for adults aged 18+ and is open to students of all levels. It is suitable for beginners with no previous experience and those wishing to deepen their practice or try a new style of yoga.
All students will need to complete a Dru Yoga Health Questionnaire before attending the first class. Students can be accompanied by their own carer or support worker. Carers must book a complimentary ticket if attending a course to provide support. Please contact us to discuss your specific situation and needs.
Do you need to bring anything?
Please wear comfortable clothes that allow free movement. You must bring your own non-slip yoga mat.
Are there any additional costs?
A non-stick yoga mat (approx. £17) must be provided at your own expense. These are readily available online or from sports shops.
Who teaches this course?