Please note this free event will take place on Zoom and is BSL interpreted.
1x ticket = 1x household.
Join Untied Artists’ Jake Oldershaw, as we present a live, online ‘draw-a-long’ version of their hit show ‘The Boy Who Bit Picasso’ zoomed straight to your home.
With storytelling, music, and lots of chances to make your own art, this hands-on and hilarious family show introduces one of the 20th Century’s most influential artists through the eyes of a young boy.
Based on a true story, detailed in Anthony Penrose’s book ‘The Boy Who Bit Picasso’.
You will need
To take part at home you will need a few things. Don’t worry if you can’t get everything. Have this stuff handy before we start, but not in front of you so it doesn’t distract.
- Plain paper - an A3 pad is best, but A4 is ok. You might want a big roll of paper if you have one handy
- Felt tips, pastel crayons, charcoal sticks are great if you have them – things to make marks with!
- A large circular plate or tray (one that won’t break if you drop it)
- A small selection of fruit and veg
Joining the Zoom session
- One ticket = one household. Adults must attend the session with a child.
- Once you have booked a spot, we will email you with Zoom log in details. The wearing of beret’s, stripy shirts and arty gear is optional!
- If you wish to, you can attend the zoom with camera off, however there will be opportunities to interact and share your work.
- Please see our Online Event FAQs here.
We are pleased to be able to offer this event for free. We ask that during checkout for this event, if you are able to, to please make a donation to MAC. We are extremely grateful for any contribution, that helps us to continue to offer free online events and activities for our community.
Channels the spirit of the artist… A special and sweet little tale.
The childlike joy of Picasso's painting is brilliantly conveyed and kids - like mine - will come out and learn that art is fun.
Charming and Inspirational