With an array of courses to choose from, why not make 2016 the year you try something new and creative. mac birmingham’s programme of courses include music, well-being, visual arts, textiles and performance and can be enjoyed by the very young and older adults too. The term begins on Monday 4 January and caters for all levels from beginners to the more experienced. mac’s tutors are all practicing artists themselves and will offer a safe and welcoming environment for students to learn within its fully accessible building. mac also offers concession prices for individuals aged over 60, full time students, those claiming Job Seekers Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.
There’s still time to book onto a selection of courses that begin week commencing Monday 4 January, and as part of our Boxing Day offers some have been discounted by 40% until 3 January 2016 - see here for those included and just use the code MACBOXING, when you reach the checkout.
January 2016 courses include:
· Mash up Movers – (age 7-10) - Street, freestyle, jazz and contemporary dance styles
· Musical Theatre – (age 6-12) Develop acting, dancing and singing skills from well-known musicals.
· Flamenco Improvers – (age 18+)
· Let us Sing - Advanced - (age 18+)
· Kathak Dance Beginners - (age 18+) - Kathak is a classical dance style from the north of India. Join world renowned Kathak dancer and choreographer Nahid Siddiqui with live musical accompaniment from Hassan Mohyeddin.
· Stand Up Comedy – (age 18+) Develop your own stand-up comedy act with the option of performing live before a paying audience.
Digital Film & Media
· Photo Social – Photographers Group - (age 18+) – An opportunity for photography enthusiasts to meet and discuss their work.
· Creating Film Soundtracks - (age 18+) Compose music and sound for a short film.
· The art of Short Film Making - (age 18+) - Learn the techniques of short film making with BAFTA award winner Michael Clifford.
· Art and Design Portfolio Development - (age 14-18) – For students keen to build a strong body of work for digital and physical portfolios, for those applying for further education art, design and media courses.
· Jewellery Open Studio – Intermediate/Advanced (age 18) - An opportunity for those who have an existing knowledge of jewellery making to work independently or refine their skills with support from the artist tutor.
· Intro to Art Techniques - (age 18+)
· Tai Chi Improvers - (age 18+)
· Ashtanga Yoga - (age 18+)
There is a variety of course lengths to choose from, including 10 week, school holiday short courses and weekend courses.
Key term dates:
- 10 week courses begin - 4 Jan to 14 Mar 2016 (with a break for school half-term)
- School half-term courses – 15 Feb to 19 Feb
- Easter Holiday courses – 21 Mar – 4 Apr
To see the Spring courses in full, which start week commencing Monday 4 January 2016 see here or call our Sales and Information team for details on 0121 446 3232.
'The atmosphere in the class is friendly and supportive and I am learning to let go of my thoughts and worries.'
Starting the course a year ago has been the best idea I've ever had! Not only have I made some lovely jewellery but also new friends and a whole world of creativity has opened up. Anyone at any age can learn, all you need is enthusiasm, excellent tuition and all the tools of the trade supplied.'