With more than a nod to International Women’s Day (8 March), mac will be celebrating a whole month of female led performances and screenings as part of March at mac. Enjoy award winning and international cinema, contemporary theatre, dance, comedy and opera performances.
Themes throughout the month include love, racism, feminism, cultural and political change, crime and passion. Many of the films are subtitled and audio described and parents with newborns can enjoy a special screening of Oscar- winning film: Fences on 3 March as part of Cinema Bambino and attend a performance of Wonder Woman on 17 March which probes 21st century motherhood in all its forms.
The March cinema line-up includes:
- Loving – 3 to 8 March (with audio described screening 5 March)
- Fences– 3 to 9 March
- 20th Century Women– 10 to 15 March (with audio described screening 8 Mar)
- Hidden Figures– 17 to 23 March
- Certain Women– 24 to 30March
- Pale Moon– 28 March (as part of the Japan Foundation Touring Film Festival 2017)
Theatre, opera and dance includes:
- NT Live: Hedda Gabler – 9 March (Screened live)
- The Royal Opera Live: Madama Butterfly – 30 March (Sub-titled)
- Scary Sh*t – 18 March – Exploring friendship and mental health through dance theatre
- Sonya Sabri Company: Virago – 11 March – Dance, digital performance exploring female existence.
To see the full Women's March season visit here.
For all press enquiries contact Marcia Springer, Senior Communications Manager on 0121 446 3237 or email email@example.com.