The Norma Abbott Dance Bursary
Midlands Arts Centre is pleased to announce the 2018 call-out for its annual Norma Abbott Dance bursary.
The bursary has been set up in Norma’s memory by her family. A keen dancer and tireless advocate for participation in dance, Norma worked as a Customer Service Assistant at MAC for many years.
The bursary benefits West Midlands-based dancers/ choreographers. One bursary will be awarded, worth £500, to support emerging dance practitioners with professional development or professional practice costs. The bursary can contribute towards training, artist fees, travel costs or other relevant opportunities.
Please note that the funding available is for individual development, not organisational development.
To apply, please complete and return the application form, giving details of:
- Your current dance practice
- How you would use the funding to further your individual professional development
- The impact the bursary would have on your professional practice.
The deadline for applications is Monday 22nd October 2018, 5:00pm. Please submit your completed application to Nicola Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award will be announced on Monday 19th November 2018.
The bursary is intended to support all forms of dance practice. Applications for activities/costs already incurred will not be considered. The bursary must be used within one year of being awarded. Award winners are required to submit a short report on the anniversary of the granting of their award summarising the work the bursary has enabled them to do.
- Be able to clearly state how the bursary would be used and be specific about how they would spend the award, if successful;
- Detail how the bursary would impact upon their professional dance practice;
- Give details of any connection with MAC, if applicable;
- Adhere to the application form word count limits.