For over 50 years, mac Birmingham has been a place where all are welcome and everyone is equal – whatever their reasons for coming.
You may have heard that the funding we receive from the City Council has been drastically cut, by £420,000 over the past two years - but we don’t intend to stop or scale back what we do. So now more than ever is the time to show your support - the people who love mac, the people who use mac.
This Spring, we’re asking you to stand up for the mac community and be part of our future. We ask that you do just one extra thing to support our work, so that mac can continue to be here for you for years to come.
Take the #onemoreformac pledge today. We need you to pledge to do just one more thing at mac over the next few weeks.
- Buy one more coffee in the café. If you’re already having coffee – buy a cake, or lunch!
- Attend one more performance. If you’re already coming – try a new genre or art form.
- Drop a fiver into a donation box. If you already donate occasionally, commit to one regular donation per month.
- Enjoy an extra film screening. Give that foreign language drama a go. And bring a friend to discuss it with afterwards over a drink in the bar.
- Write a positive review about mac online – on Facebook, TripAdvisor or Euan’s Guide. Then share it with your friends.
- Or make up your own! Whatever you love about mac Birmingham – simply pledge to do it a little bit more this Spring.
Please share your #onemoreformac pledge by posting it on your social media accounts, and encouraging others to do so too. We want to be able to say “thank you”, so use #onemoreformac on Twitter, or post your pledge on our Facebook page.
Thanks in advance – your pledge really will make a difference to our future.