Youth Music & the Alliance for a Musically Inclusive England
MAC is proud to be a strategic partner of Youth Music. Our flagship MAC Makes Music programme is supported via this partnership - made possible by funding from the National Lottery via Arts Council England, along with the generous support of regional Trusts and Foundations. MAC is one of 13 Youth Music Fund C grant recipients – organisations who, along with Youth Music, make up The Alliance for a Musically Inclusive England. The Alliance aims to expand and embed high quality inclusive music-making nationwide.
Music Education Hubs
MAC Makes Music works in close partnership with five Music Education Hubs to support musical inclusion across the region. Our music programme is driven, informed and reviewed by this strategy group;
- Birmingham Music Education Partnership *
- Lead Organisation; Services for Education, Music Service
MAC Makes Music has supported these Music Education Hubs to develop ‘Music Inclusion Strategies’ for their lead and partner organisations. After a process of needs analysis and consultation the group of hubs agreed on 9 strategic priorities plus actions relevant to all, and then added in detailed actions relevant to their local areas.
*Winner of the 2018 Music Education Council Major Award
We work with a variety of individuals and organisations to deliver our innovative and creative music making opportunities for young people, and to deliver high quality training opportunities, while advocating for musical inclusion at a regional and national level.
- National Charities such as Music and the Deaf .
- Arts and Cultural Organisations such as Quench Arts , OpenUp Music and National Open Youth Orchestra (NOYO).
- Independent specialists such as Nicola Burke and Phil Mullen.
- Primary and Secondary Schools with Resource Bases/Focus Provision, and Special Schools
- Nurseries and collective organisations such as Birmingham Nursery Schools Teaching School Alliance .
- Alternative Provision and Pupil Referral Units
- Local family support groups
If you would like to discuss a partnership with MAC Makes Music, please email email@example.com
In previous years MAC Makes Music received generous support from: The Radcliffe Trust, Arts Connect WM, Austin & Hope Pilkington Trust, Baily Thomas Charitable Fund, Baron Davenport's Charity, Birmingham Bodenham Trust, The Douglas Turner Trust, Eveson Charitable Trust, Roughley Trust, The George Henry Collins Charitable Trust, Zurich Community Trust, Bite Size Pieces Trust, The Edward and Dorothy Cadbury Trust, Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.