Here are some resources that we’ve produced through the MAC Makes Music programme. We’ve also listed other resources that we find useful!
A Short Guide to Working Inclusively Through Music
This guidance provides some helpful tips to working inclusively through music while in school settings. The information is aimed at visiting music teachers (peripatetic) but may also be useful for classroom teachers too.
As a strategic partner of Youth Music, we regularly use the following guides and believe that they contain useful information to all musicians working in the sector:
- Youth Music Quality Framework 2017 edition
- A quality framework for use in music-making sessions working with young people in SEN/D settings.
- Guidance for Music Education Hubs: developing an inclusive approach to the core and extension roles
- Taking an Outcomes Approach: From Planning to Evaluation
Here are some other documents that you might find interesting:
- THINK2020 Paper: Disabled People in the Music Education Workforce 2017
- The Short Guide to Accessible Music Education
- Making a Shift Report: Disabled People and the Arts and Cultural Sector Workforce in England: Understanding trends, barriers and opportunities.