MAC Makes Music creates bespoke music making opportunities to address barriers in music education and to influence the development of progression routes. Key features are:
- Enabling young people to make music together as an ensemble or band.
- Access to music through the use of music technology.
- Providing performance opportunities.
- Empowering young people to make choices about their roles, repertoire and the instruments they play.
We are working in partnership with Open Up Music to develop Open Orchestras in the West Midlands. Open Orchestras is a growing national movement, designed to support Music Education Hubs, arts organisations and schools in providing SEN/Disabled young people with opportunities to play in ensembles and to perform. Open Up Music have designed resources to enable SEN/D young people to participate whatever their needs and access requirements including pioneering music technology the Clarion and a range of carefully re-worked pieces of music.
Music making at MAC
For those young people who wish to make music beyond the school day and meet other like-minded young musicians we have two ensembles:
- SWITCH who create their own rock and pop music and perform regularly at MAC and beyond.
- Out Loud, a new inclusive choir for young people who love to sing their heart out with others.
- We also offer music sessions for disabled young people.
Move, Feel the Groove, original music created by young people who attend The Meadows Youth Club in Sandwell - listen here
You can also listen to the mini-album by Whizz Kidz here.