Sustainable Arts West Midlands is a network of cultural organisations based in the West Midlands who have joined together to collectively respond to the climate and ecological crisis.
- We recognise the important role that arts and culture has in understanding and processing environmental and climate issues and we accept our responsibility to work towards a more sustainable future.
- We support each other on our environmental journeys, pooling our collective knowledge and sharing ideas and resources.
- Our members are accountable to each other and publicly commit to minimising our environmental impact.
- We will lead the creative case for sustainability within the arts and beyond, and collectively advocate for positive change.
- Members include: Birmingham Rep, Birmingham Museums, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO), Ikon, Midlands Arts Centre, New Art Gallery Walsall, Newhampton Arts Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC), Warwick Arts Centre, Culture Declares Emergency, Sampad, Stan's Cafe, The Olde Print Works, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, Motionhouse, Compton Verney and Sima Gonsai Films.