The Residency is an artist-led programme equipping emerging Black and Black mixed heritage creatives with the skills to develop creative careers in photography, film-making and music
Are you a Black or Black mixed heritage creative aged 18 – 30?
Do you live in Birmingham and the West Midlands, Greater Manchester or London?
Are you creating work in photography, film or music and want to take your career to the next level?
The Residency is for you.
- Improve your skills with support from leading Black creative mentors
- Learn directly from inspiring artists and industry professionals
- Create with Apple technology, supported by Apple creative experts
- Get support with finding future work opportunities in the arts and creative industries
- Collaborate and produce new work with creatives in your city and nationwide
- Showcase your work at the Southbank Centre in summer 2023
The Residency courses take place in London, Manchester and Birmingham, April – May 2023.
Successful applicants will receive financial support for their time on the programme, including food and travel costs.
The Residency is part of REFRAME, an initiative empowering the next generation of Black creatives in the UK. REFRAME is supported by Apple and produced by the Southbank Centre with Factory International in Manchester and STEAMhouse and Midlands Arts Centre (MAC) in Birmingham.
Deadline to apply: Friday 10 March 2023.