Become a MAC Trustee

We are seeking a Trustee with commercial, business or venue experience or experience of improving accessibility and an understanding of health and safety.

About MAC

First opened in 1962, Midlands Arts Centre (MAC) is a pioneering arts centre and charity, with a mission to make art an important part of people’s lives. Set in the magnificent surroundings of Cannon Hill Park, MAC specialises in contemporary work, providing arts opportunities for all.

MAC makes 82% of its c.£5m turnover. The remaining 18% of our income is made up of grants and donations from major stakeholders including Arts Council England, People’s Postcode Lottery Culture Trust, and Youth Music.

Equality at MAC

We are committed to expanding the diversity of our Board and are taking an inclusive approach to recruitment to ensure that this is the case. We are keen to receive applications from groups who are currently underrepresented across the arts sector, including members of the Global Majority, d/Deaf and disabled applicants and individuals from lower socio-economic backgrounds.

If you’re interested in this opportunity but are unsure whether your employment status or working pattern, your access needs, your caring responsibilities or any other factor might prevent you from becoming a Trustee, we’d urge you to get in touch for a chat about how we might be able to help.

Successful candidates will champion and embrace MAC’s broad creative identity.

We are committed to meeting any access support needs you might have including reasonable access support costs relating to care, travel expenses and translation or interpretation services.

How to apply

Please download and read the Trustee Recruitment Pack below for further information.

If you’d like to have a conversation with an existing Trustee, to understand more about the role or access support to make an application, please contact our Director of Governance & HR, Holly Mulhern, [email protected].

To register your interest in becoming a MAC Trustee, please send your CV and a letter (no more than 2 pages of A4) outlining the skills you offer and reason for applying to [email protected].

We welcome alternative methods of applications such as video, audio or creative expressions of interest. If you require any of this information in another format or have any access requirements to complete your application please get in touch on the email address above.

  • Closing date: midday, Friday 19 January 2024
  • Shortlisting: Shortlisted candidates will be informed by 24 January 2024
  • Interviews: Tuesday 30 January between 9am and 1pm

MAC Trustee recruitment pack