Mission and values
MAC's central mission is promote innovative, creative activities to establish arts and culture as an important part of people's everyday lives. Hand in hand with this, we strive to ensure that our visitors, customers and partners reflect the population and character of our surroundings, city and region.
We value and celebrate
- Artistically experimental activities that support audience engagement
- Diversity in all of its forms
- Equal opportunities for everyone
- Increasing access to arts and culture and offering opportunities for audiences to understand, shape and feedback on our arts programme
- Helping artists to find their own, unique voice and encouraging them to forge productive partnerships with other artists and the general public
- Helping people to get the most out of the social benefits of the arts and valuing the pleasure people gain from their own individual artistic expression.