TODO WIRE UP
About Develop your Art Practice (Summer)
Develop your art and gain new techniques, skills and insight in to your creative practice. Build your art portfolio and sketchbooks in a nurturing environment designed to increase your confidence as you work towards GCSE’s or A level Art exams or for those who want to make art for fun.
What you will learn on this course
This course is designed to compliment young peoples’ art practice and as they work towards exams or for those who want time and space to enjoy creating art and deepen their artistic practice.
This is an informal course held in a relaxed and comfortable space that allows young people the opportunity to learn from a Professional Artist, and their peers with support from like-minded young people.
We aim to take the stress out of exams and bring the enjoyment back into making art
The course will have a semi structured format allowing for self-directed portfolio development.
The course will include the following areas;
- Introduction to traditional art skills such as drawing, working with mixed media, paint and print
- Observational drawing and assemblage.
- Encourage students to think critically about their work and take part in ‘crits’ where students respectfully review others work.
- The tutor will encourage a nurturing and supportive environment
- Building a portfolio of art work and portfolio reviews
- Identify skills gaps
- Develop successful sketchbooks and help students to create their own visual language and artistic style
- Build confidence
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for children aged 13 to 17 years. It is open to all ability levels and young people don’t need any previous experience.
Parents are not expected to accompany children on these courses. All our staff are DBS checked.
The course is accessible for young people with disabilities who can participate in practical art and craft activities. We provide a learning support worker and a parent or carer may assist their child if required. Carers must book a complimentary ticket if attending a course to provide support. Please contact us to discuss your needs. The room is wheelchair accessible.
Do you need to bring anything?
All course materials and equipment are provided
Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional costs for this course.
Who teaches this course?