Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions of sale are in place to ensure everyone using mac birmingham is treated fairly.
mac birmingham (Midlands Arts Centre Ltd) sells tickets both on behalf of the organisation/venue itself and acting as an agent for Promoters and Organisers hiring a) the venue or b) the services of the Sales & Information office in respect of an event staged at another venue unconnected with Midlands Arts Centre or Midlands Arts Centre Trading Ltd.
1. We do not offer refunds or exchange credit.
We may exchange tickets where there are multiple performances/screenings of the same title, but this is at our discretion. Please check your tickets carefully on receipt and contact us immediately if you have any queries, as it may not be possible to rectify mistakes later on. We will not refund your tickets unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled.
2. We reserve the right;
- 2.1 to refuse admission or remove you from the venue without a refund in circumstances such as the refusal of security checks or if staff consider your behaviour may affect other people’s enjoyment
- 2.2 to provide alternative tickets to those designated should the staging of the event require this change
- 2.3 to refuse admission to those carrying prohibited items, e.g.: glass bottles,items that could be used as a weapon, recording equipment
- 2.4 to make alterations to the advertised event, programme or casting in reasonable circumstances without any obligation to refund monies or exchange tickets
- 2.5 to cancel or abandon any event without notice and without liability for compensation or damage other than up to a full refund of the ticket price paid.
- 2.6 to introduce discounts and price changes at any time without offering refunds
- 2.7 not to accept tickets for resale unless the performance in question is sold-out. The resale of any tickets cannot be guaranteed. Any tickets accepted for resale are subject to an administration fee
3. Latecomers are not eligible for a refund. We know being late happens – and usually for reasons outside your control – and we will do our best to help you take your seats as soon as possible. However, you may have wait until a suitable break in the performance before being admitted and, at the artists’ request, may not be admitted at all.
4. For outdoor events, full refunds will only be offered in the event of weather conditions forcing the cancellation of the entire event. No refunds will be issued if the event goes ahead, regardless of weather conditions, if the event is moved indoors, or if at least 30 minutes of the performance has already taken place.
5. Concessionary tickets must be requested at the time of booking as the discount cannot be applied retrospectively and mac will ask to see proof of entitlement before selling tickets at concessionary prices. Where tickets are sold online, proof of entitlement may be requested upon admission to the venue.
6. All attendees must have a valid ticket for the event. mac will advise all customers regarding suitability of a show for children where an age guideline is not advertised. Babes-in-arms (for infants under 12 months) tickets are only permitted for family shows where the target age of the audience is higher than that of the infant.
7. mac is not liable for lost, destroyed or stolen tickets and cannot always replace them so take care of your tickets as you must produce a valid ticket to gain entry to events. Defacing, removing parts of or otherwise altering your ticket may render it void.
8. Tickets are not transferable and their resale for profit or commercial gain or use in promotions and packages without our express permission is prohibited and may render them void.
9. For everyone’s enjoyment, mobile phones, pagers and other digital/electronic devices must be turned off in the performances/screenings spaces.
10. The unauthorised use of mobile phones, cameras, video, digital or sound recording is prohibited at all events
11. By attending the event you consent to being filmed/recorded as part of the audience for security, broadcast or promotional reasons, without payment.
12. All tickets are sold subject to the Data Protection Act 1998: a copy of mac’s Data Protection Policy is available on request.
13. We are unable to accept responsibility for any damage to, or loss of, property at mac.
14. Please note the car park adjacent to mac is not owned by mac but by Birmingham City Council, and mac is not able to influence or control its use. Although mac users benefit from free parking, the downside is when events are on in Cannon Hill Park or Edgbaston Cricket Ground, the car park rapidly fills up. Wherever possible, mac will try to alert users to potential parking difficulties relating to major events in advance. On such occasions please allow extra time to get to and park at mac, or if possible use public transport. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or injury connected with the use of the car park.
1. Fees are non-refundable.
2. Payment is required at enrolment to secure your place on a learning programme. Unless otherwise stated, we regret that places cannot be kept available or allocated to specific individuals.
3. A learning programme can only be attended following payment and on presentation of a valid ticket. Tickets for a course will be collected from students and validated by their Artist Tutor at their first course session. If applicable, proof of qualification for any concession price must be shown.
4. mac Changes or Cancellations
- 4.1 If during a course a session is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, we will attempt to find a substitute Artist Tutor or we will arrange a replacement sessions. Any disruptions will be minimised and should not adversely affect your learning experience at mac.
- 4.2 Replacement sessions are usually achieved by extending the learning programme by a week at the end of term and/or arranging a session during the half term week. mac reserves the right to schedule a replacement session outside of the published term dates without offering a refund as an alternative. On the rare occasion that mac cannot arrange a replacement session, mac may offer a partial refund of course fees.
- 4.3 Occasionally due to an unforeseen circumstance, sessions may have to be postponed at very short notice. mac will attempt to notify you of this as quickly as possible and we encourage you to contact us if you have any concerns.
- 4.4 If a course is cancelled before the start date due to shortage of numbers or for any other reason, where feasible, students will be given the opportunity to transfer to another course or offered a full refund. To assist this we encourage you to give full contact details at point of booking.
- 4.5 In the unlikely event of a learning programme that is already under way and student numbers fall below the minimum threshold, mac reserves the right to cancel at short notice but will make every effort to find a suitable alternative or offer a refund for any remaining sessions.
- 4.6 Minor changes of course content or a change of Artist Tutor will not be considered to affect our cancellation policy.
- 4.7 Artist Tutors cannot cancel and/or rearrange sessions for students who for any reason cannot attend their class.
Non-attendance of classes due to illness, or for personal or professional reasons does not provide the right to refunds, extra tuition or transferral to another class.
- 6.1 Depending on availability if, after one session, you decide that the learning programme you have enrolled on is unsuitable and notify us within 48 hours by contacting the Sales and Information team; we will endeavour to transfer you to another programme of your choice but cannot guarantee this in all cases.
- 6.2 Where a suitable transfer is not possible or is declined, we regret that refunds cannot be issued.
- 6.3 If there is a difference in price between the two learning programmes you will be asked to pay the balance upon collection of the new ticket or the credit will be issued to you either by cheque or a refund to the debit or credit card used to pay for the original course.
7. Student Conduct
- 7.1 Learning programme participants are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner and to recognise that other participants also require support and assistance.
- 7.2 Where a participant becomes persistently disruptive, we reserve the right to offer a verbal warning and if this does not resolve the situation you may be asked to leave the course.
- 7.3 Participants cannot invite members of the general public to sit in and observe sessions.
- 7.4 A parent of a young child may stay for a period to settle the child into their class but is encouraged to leave eventually so the child can develop a relationship with the Artist Tutor and support worker (unless for specific family activities where parents are encouraged to support learning). Children cannot attend courses for adults. All mac Artist Tutors are CRB checked and work within mac’s Safeguarding policy.
8. Health & Safety
- 8.1 All Artist Tutors and students are expected to abide by mac health and safety requirements.
- 8.2 Students enrolling on a learning programme at mac will receive a health and safety induction from their Artist Tutor.
- 8.3 For health and safety reasons and out of consideration for other students, it is not possible for students to bring a young baby or child into classes at mac unless stated otherwise.
- 8.4 The learning courses for children and young people have a suggested age range. Please do not enrol children outside the recommended age range on programmes as they are likely to find them unsuitable. You are welcome to discuss particular needs with the Sales and Information team if you are unsure.
- 8.5 Students are expected to work within the guidelines of Health and Safety and under the guidance of Artist Tutors especially when using or operating specialist equipment and hazardous materials. Chemicals and other specialist tools are used in jewellery making, pottery and other courses. Anyone with related concerns who wishes to attend these courses is advised to contact the Sales and Information team prior to enrolling on the learning programme.
- 8.6 Should a student with access needs wish to bring along a carer, that person should be there to assist them rather than participate in the class.
- 8.7 We do not accept safeguarding responsibility for participants under 18 without completed participation enrolment forms signed by a parent/guardian. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to an activity without a completed form.
Terms and conditions updated February 2016